Information about the product:
Trekking map Retezat Mountains
Scale: 1: 50 000
2. Eddition, 2003
Size: 11.5 x 22
Legend: English, German, Romanian and Hungrarian.
All letterings are in Latin.
1. Trekking / Hiking map of Retezat Mountains.
2. Useful information (English): Landscape, Geological Structure, Waterfalls, Lakes, Mineral waters, Climate, Vegetation, Animal world, How to approach th mountain, Accomodation, Tourist routes, Winter sports, Mountain resque teams
3. Ttrail itinerary suggestions (in English, Romanian, Hungarian language): Trekking trails, trail marking, distance, level rising, Time
The following towns are represented on the map:
(Important for your trip plan!)
1. Lupeni, Uricani, Clopotiva, Rau de Mori, Serel,
2. Rau Barbat, Hobita, Baru, Valea de Brazi, campu lui Neag,
Interesting travel destination
Căldarea Bucura - Lacul Bucura
Tăul Dintre Brazi
Information about the Retezat Mountain:
The Retezat Mountains (Romanian: Munţii Retezat, Hungarian: Retyezát-hegység) are one of the highest massifs in Romania, being part of the Southern Carpathians. The highest peak is Peleaga (Vârful Peleaga), at an altitude of 2509 metres. Other important peaks are Păpuşa (Varful Păpuşa) and Retezat Peak (Vârful Retezat). The Retezat Mountains have many glacial lakes, including the largest glacial lake in Romania, Bucura Lake (lacul Bucura), which covers 8.9 ha and is situated at an altitude of 2030 metres. The area also contains the Retezat National Park, Romania's first national park.
No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information!