Wanderführer mit Wanderkarten für Rila, Pirin und Balkan Gebirge in Bulgariens
Hiking and Trekking guide with maps for the
Pirin, Rila & Central Balkan National Parks
Titel: Walking in Bulgaria's National Parks
Autor/en: Julian Perry
over 80 colour photos and 24 colour maps.
Cicerone Press Ltd
November 2017- kartoniert - 256 Seiten
Inhalt des Führers:
1. Wanderführer für alle Berge Bulgariens mit Wanderkarten
2. Routenvorschläge: Routenverlauf, Gehzeiten, mehrere Bildkarten mit den markierten Wanderwegen
3. Nützliche Infos.
For walkers and naturalists, Bulgaria is an unexpected paradise, boasting
an amazing variety of landscapes and an outstandingly rich biodiversity.
The three wildest and most majestic regions of this mountainous country
are protected within the Pirin, Rila and Central Balkan national parks. As
well as providing a vital refuge for rare wildlife, these parks also offer some
of the finest mountain walking in Bulgaria.
The 12 routes described in Walking in Bulgaria-s National Parks thread
their way through these parks, taking in ancient forests, shimmering glacial
lakes, panoramic ridges and the two highest peaks in the country, Musala
and Vihren. All great mountain walks, they have also been selected to
provide the best chance of encountering the rarest plants and animals.
• 2 to 3-day walks for fit and experienced mountain walkers and one fullday
ascent of Mount Vihren
• with comprehensive background information about the wildlife to be
Key marketing points
• ? 12 routes described in Bulgaria's three National Parks
• ? Unspoiled mountain scenery
• ? Inexpensive and accessible
About the author
Julian Perry grew up in England, but for the last 20 years has spent most
of his time in the Bulgarian mountains where he now runs a specialist ecotourism
company Balkan Trek organising walking and wildlife watching
holidays. He is one of the leading authorities on the region and author of
The Mountains of Bulgaria: A Walker's Companion, the first Englishlanguage
guidebook to long-distance hiking trails in Bulgaria.