Trekking & hiking map Ceahlau - Mountain
Scale: 1: 50 000
2. Eddition, 2006
Size: 11.5 x 22
Legend: English, Romanian and Hungrarian.
All letterings are in Latin.
1. Trekking / Hiking map of Ceahlau Mountain.
2. Useful information (English)
3. Ttrail itinerary suggestions (in English, Romanian, Hungarian language)
4. List with the accommodation possibilities in this area –hotels, campings etc. with Phones, Adress and E-mais
The following towns are represented on the map:
(Important for your trip plan!)
1. Piatra Neamt, Tupolita, Bicaz, Hangu, Cleahlau
2. Bicazu Ardelean, Hamzoaia
Interesting travel destination
Turnul lui Budu
Clăile lui Miron
Lacul Izvorul Muntelui
Information about Ceahlău Massif:
The Ceahlău Massif is one of the most renowned mountain ranges of Romania. It is located in the Eastern Carpathians chain, in Neamţ County, in the Moldavia region. The two most important peaks are Toaca (1904 m altitude) and Ocolaşul Mare (1907m altitude). It is bounded to the east by the Bistriţa River and Lake Bicaz, to the south by the Bicaz River.
From the south, the main access point is the town of Bicaz. To the north, Mount Ceahlău is also accessible from Durău.
There are many legends about the Ceahlău Massif; as a consequence it is often called "The Romanian Olympus."
Ceahlău - Piatra Lată din Ghedeon
Ceahlău National Park shelters a large variety of flora and fauna; some of the species are endemic or rarely seen elsewhere in Romania. The entry point to the national park is Izvorul Muntelui village, 12 km north-east of Bicaz.
No responsibility is taken for the correctness of this information!